Thursday, December 13, 2007

Games People Play

We The People.... remember that one? Back in the old days it was something to be proud of. No more. It doesn't exist. Now it is - We The Invisible.... We the Insignificant.... We the Non-people.... and its They The Corporate Dictators.... They the Fascist Government... The New Gods... How I hate Them!
_
I just forfeited my First Amendment Rights (which no longer exist for any of us, by the way.) I deleted the blog entry for which Poopsie D'Evilo is suing me. It was entitled, "Can You Hear Me Now?" and was a true story about my reaction to hearing a false (unfortunately) report that the CEO of Next-to-us had committed suicide. This is my personal blog. I relayed a personal story. During the course of the true story, I talked about our reaction to the news, including speculating upon reasons why someone like D'Evilo would off himself. As I said, it was a true story and there was nothing defamatory about it. So why did I delete it? Why? Because D'Evilo owns me. He owns everyone here in Nexusville, including the county commissioners, the Onamia mayor and city council, and of course - all of you. Freedom of Speech isn't free. (I received the bill in the mail today...)
_
"Game over. You lost," D'Evilo told my neighbor after the county bored of commissioners steamrolled We the Muted at the December 4th "Public Hearing" and unanimously passed a seven year tax abatement for Nexus, even though it was the wrong thing to do.

Hey Kev - is it true that some people fear public listening more than death?

We asked the commissioners for a delay in the tax abatement giveaway because 1) We had just received their point worksheet and there were discrepancies in real numbers and numbers Nexus had reported; and 2) our representative was absent. Chairman Phil Peterson gave us each one minute to speak, with no further comments allowed, closing the "Public Hearing" faster than the wind can blow a door shut. Due Process is as dead as Free Speech. (And you still think this is all about those poor troubled boys and retaining a few low paying jobs .... tsk tsk...)
_
Let me share with you what it means to be an American citizen in Nexusville. It means that They the Powerful can destroy your neighborhood, your home, your happiness, and your life and there is nothing you can do to stop Them. Oh poor pitiful me? Nuh-uh. Make that oh poor pitiful U.S. because They can do the same thing to you. And eventually, They will. Because that's the way They play The Game. The Game isn't over until They have won it all. Where were you, by the way, when our neighborhood needed your help and support to combat this tyranny? Too busy sending me death threats to look around at the Big Picture, too busy yelling at me for not wanting sex offenders down my street. Didn't want to get involved.... just another annexation.... just another NIMBY.... "In three years we'll all wonder what all the fuss was about..."
_
I'm surprised that Poopsie D'Evilo didn't approach me in order to gloat about winning The Game, but then, he's not through destroying me yet. The Game isn't over between us. (I'm still alive.) Besides, now the goal is for his lawyers to beat my lawyers. (Side bets?) The thing he can't understand is that to me, it is not a game. It never has been. This is Life. Our lives. He has no right to our lives, just like he has no right to our privacy, our neighborhood... And apparently I have no right to say anything about it. (Just add this to the lawsuit, Mr. Kahoney. Ka-ching!)
_
The interesting thing about bullies is that they always pick on someone weaker than they are. For instance, I am a chronically ill, disabled woman on a fixed income. Not much of a contest, I'd say. Do I want to win this Game? Get real. I never had a chance! But it is my home, my hopes, my dreams he is stealing from me and I can't say that what has happened here is okay when its not.
_
All I've done is to tell him "No. You're wrong." I dared to cross him.
_
He can build his sex offender palace here. I can't stop him. (Nobody can.) I realized he'd beaten me back on April 18, 2007. I told Poncho that day, "Its all over", and I meant it. The Evil Red Eye of Mordor had spied us. The Ring Wraiths were on their way. It was a Done Deal and there was nothing we could do about it. Our lives were over.
_
But taking away my Freedom of Speech.... That's too bad. It was all I had left to defend myself with. But I can't deal with the injustices in Nexusville right now. I have more important concerns.
_
On Monday, my mom - who as you know has been hospitalized since November 16, suffered a catastrophic event requiring another emergency surgery. This is her third major surgery in less than a month. They discovered a perforated ulcer. The doctor said it was caused by serious stress and worry. He said it had been building up for a long time. Probably since April 18, don'tcha think? She's 84 years old, frail, very weak... (just the way THEY like 'em), but as you know, she's a fighter. (Right after the last surgery, she asked if she'd be well in time to attend the December 19th Zoning Public Farcery and Constitution Fry.) We don't think she'll be there... Its touchy right now. Perhaps she'll have to wait for the burning of the Bill of Rights...
_
But I wonder - if she doesn't make it, if she dies - will D'Evilo smile smugly and say
_
"Game Over. She lost."

No comments: