Friday, July 3, 2009

Shouting Fire

I recommend this HBO documentary.

SHOUTING FIRE: STORIES FROM THE EDGE OF FREE SPEECH

Since the Nexus corporation, former CEO Jim D'Angelo, and Nexus chairman of the board Peter Freeman are all suing me for simply exercising my Freedom of Speech while trying to procure favorable governmental action to keep their 94 convicted sex offenders out of my residential neighborhood, I've developed a keen interest in this subject. In fact, I watched this movie twice. Intensely...
$
It is a very thought-provoking presentation. What I got most from it is the important message of how sacred our 1st Amendment Constitutional rights really are, and how, even if we do not agree with what someone is saying, we MUST as a society defend the right to free speech. The Nexusians say they aren't against my rights of free speech, (yeah. right...) but their actions speak louder than words... These lawsuits against me are clearly a strategic attempt to not only silence me, but also to intimidate and silence our supporters - through fear of also being sued by these SLAPPers.
$
[SLAPP - Strategic Lawsuit Against Public Participation]
$
The Nexusians may deem it was necessary to SLAPP around Hannabelle. But it didn't work. Their behavior is my best evidence. My "smoking gun." And where there's smoke, there's fire? These litigants stupidly continue to pour fuel on the fire I shout.
$
I'm looking forward to going to court in August for the Nexus (corporation) lawsuit. I'm proud to be an activist for free speech, knowing I have the courage to stand up for what's right and the fortitude to fight against what's wrong. And when indeed there IS a fire - you should have the guts to shout about it too. Protecting your rights is like brushing your teeth. You have to do it daily or eventually you'll lose them.

No comments: